Just to prove weeds do grow in my garden, below shows a portion of the green buggers I hope to attack and eradicate in our blueberry patch today.
That bale of peat moss has been patiently waiting to be spread under the bushes and between the rows for ever-so-long now, but of course I can't do that until all the weeds have been first yoinked out.
Seems the whole garden needs a good weeding, but I've been tied up with harvesting for two or three weeks. Not complaining about the bountiful harvest, that's for sure, but it doesn't leave much waking time for anything else.
I've got asparagus, broccoli, cauliflower, strawberries (what there were of them), blueberries (still coming in), green peas and yellow and green beans put by. Also chives, parsley and some peppermint. (Waiting for it to grow a little more before giving it another hair cut.) Still to do are beets, green peppers (stuffed) and Brussels sprouts.
The cherry tomato plants are a good five feet high, taller than they've ever grown before in our garden. If all the fruit matures, we'll be buried under the little orbs as all three plants are heavily covered with still green tomatoes. I've been pruning the DIV-ull (as my Scottish grandmother would say) out of them which seems to have been beneficial. But wouldn't you think with the hot, humid weather Mother Nature has been bestowing upon us we would have ripe tomatoes by now? Just something else going on in the garden this year that doesn't make a lot of sense.
We're supposed to have a little drop in temperature today (HOORAY!) so I'm looking forward to being able to survive several hours out there trying to get everything shaped back up. The whole garden has reached that overgrown, flopsie-mopsie, unkempt, blowsy state, and I feel like it's gotten away from me.
Yep, the disheveled garden and both of us, too, are approaching the end of this busy season!


0 Yorumlar