Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Celtic Solstice - Step 5


I had fallen so far behind on this mystery and had left off at partially completing step 2. On Christmas day I was able to find time to get into my sewing room and I jumped back on the Celtic Solstice train and I haven't looked back!

Over the past few days I was able to finish up step 2 and I also completed step 3, 4 and now 5. For step 5, I was able to pull 3.5" blue strips from my bins and I cut my triangles using the Easy Angle ruler. I was also able to take many of the neutral triangles from my precut bins too. That really helped when  it came time to piece those blocks together. I am really surprised at how even my blocks turned out. I usually have so many problems with the pieced sections turning out crooked but not this time :).  I am back on track and really looking forward to seeing how all of these pieces come together.










I must have been a little tired when I was working on step 5 because I did sew a few parts together incorrectly. I managed to sew my triangles to the orange instead of the yellow several times and I also made a very interesting block. As I was adding the triangles to the hst I was so certain that I was carefully checking to make sure the orientation was correct but as you can see I obviously wasn't as careful as I thought I was. Oh well, oopsies are bound to happen.

Hop on over to Quiltville to check out all of the other links - you just may be inspired to hop on the Celtic Solstice train too!

Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar